Consignment Policy - WE ARE OPEN!
UPDATE: Due to Covid-19, we are taking additional precautions to ensure the safety of our customers and employees. Temporarily, we are limiting consignors to bring in no more than 30 items per week. They should be freshly laundered and folded neatly in a box or bag. (NO TRASHBAGS). We would prefer not to receive them on hangers at this time.
Please be aware we may ask that you wait in your vehicle while we process your consignment to limit the number of people in the store, in keeping within CDC guidelines.
Additionally, all consigned items, as well as items tried on but not purchased, will be quarantined for 24 hours before being put out on the sales floor.
Otherwise, our consignment policy, as outlined below, will remain the same.
At Forget Me Nots, we recycle quality. This is how you help us do it:
- You bring in contemporary clothing and accessories that you no longer love. Forget Me Nots takes in-season casual-wear, athleticwear, business-casual, and semi-formal. We do not take vintage, formal wear or furs. No appointment is necessary, however, we do stop taking items 30 minutes before store closing time and we do not accept consignments on Sundays.
- We accept better-name brands that have been purchased new within the last 2-3 years and that are in excellent, salable condition. Items should be clean and wrinkle-free, without stains, tears, or wear. Remember, the better condition your items are in, the more likely we can accept it and the better the price.
- Items can be brought in either on hangers (which we will return to you) or folded neatly in a bin or bag (NO TRASHBAGS PLEASE).
- Forget Me Nots determines the price of an item, which we base on original price, brand, condition of the item, present demand for similar items, etc.
- Sometimes, after acceptance of an item, we may discover problems with an item (for example; tears or stains) that require an immediate markdown or donation. Please examine your items carefully before bringing them in to assure that they are in salable condition.
- You and Forget Me Nots split the final selling price 50/50. We consign items for 60 days. Prices can be reduced any time during that period.
- Consignors may pick up money owed to them at any time. Checks can be mailed out at the request of a consignor only at the end of the consignment period. If you wish your unsold items back, it is your responsibility to call a day or two before your consignment period ends and ask that we gather them for you.
- Items that are left 5 days past their consignment period become the property of Forget Me Nots and are subject to donation.
- We accept seasonal items only. Spring and summer items are accepted from March to August; fall and winter items are accepted from September to February.
- Although all possible care will be taken of your merchandise, Forget Me Nots is not responsible for damage or loss.